Monday, February 8, 2010

Expect More

After another trip to Connecticut to track some more guitars and percussion for Ties to the Grid, we’re starting to see the album take shape.

The bulk of the tunes are finished, but Mike and Emmett had some great suggestions for some literal bells and metaphorical whistles for a few songs, which is going to add some more flavor to the album.

I don’t want to toot my own horn, because I’m not that flexible, but I think this album is going to be out of this world. And soon, the keys, horns, strings, and slide guitars are going to be recorded with the help of some of the most talented musicians we know. I’ve never in my wildest dreams thought I’d hear full orchestra arrangements behind our music.

Ties to the Grid is going to knock you off your feet, make you fall in love, and we hope, open your eyes to the potential of The Sun Gets Down.

No comments:

Post a Comment